Search
Close this search box.

First a few facts:

103 posts, 34 end posts, 590 plant sticks, 34 anchors that wanted to go 60 cm into the ground and 3.5 km of wire 7 they were. 7 helpers + a tractor (and actually an anchor driver – more on that later)

At this point I would like to express my thanks to my friends and family. It’s not normal at all to take on such a job. THANK YOU ALL!

8:30 a.m. Meeting point in the vines. Everyone was there on time. And that’s actually how it started. In short, it was clear that the stakes had to be driven into the ground along the rows of plants that had been planted 2 weeks earlier. No matter how.

Left only open, we take the last plants on the anchors or on the planting post. We opted for the first variant. piece work began. While I walked in front of the tractor, holding the stakes and measuring roughly to see that the tractor would push them into the ground to the correct depth with its front loader, the others were already spreading the material.

We couldn’t even watch as fast as we could. The upper terrace was equipped with stakes in no time at all, so that we could continue on the lower floor before noon. The only catch in the almost easy work were the anchors.

Since the 60 cm have to be screwed into the ground, I borrowed an anchor driver that was supposed to work with one of the tractor’s hydraulic circuits. Unfortunately far from it. Things didn’t want to.

We lost about 15 minutes trying to get the machine running. And so we had no choice but to call a little competition, which was called:

Who manages to turn the anchor into the ground the fastest.

Funny methods were seen doing this. While one was going around with an iron pole and was trying really hard to turn the thing into the ground, there were others who started running around the anchor and turning with it in order to get to their destination faster.

We had to do that on both the upper and the lower floor and I would like to say that it was the most sweaty work of all that day. And the colleagues have shown real staying power here.

The others distributed, my colleague, the tractor driver, and I rammed the stakes into the ground. Meanwhile it went on. The plant sticks were set. Also so fast that I couldn’t believe it when I heard that we were done.

We considered what would still make sense to do next and so we decided to pull in the first wires at the top and attach the end posts to the anchors. At this point it should be said that “a lot helps a lot” doesn’t necessarily help anymore.

The remaining 5 colleagues were too many. We didn’t really make any progress because too little work could be done in parallel.

So we left it at that and then after a little over 6 hours and a stiff neck from constantly looking up at the front loader we called it a day and the two of us finished the wire pulling job the following day.

Post a Comment